WDQC Is Hiring
WDQC is seeking applications to fill a full-time Policy Associate position in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will report to the WDQC Director and support the work of the Campaign by assisting with social media outreach, website content, event planning and policy analysis.
- Help to produce timely updates — including blogs, website content and social media communications — about federal and state activities for WDQC’s network.
- Track federal and state workforce and education data policies, practices, champions and research relevant to our reform agenda.
- Work with communications staff on the production and distribution of organizational materials and publications both in-house and externally. This will include proofreading responsibilities.
- Support the organization by assisting with event planning and meeting preparation, and by representing WDQC at selected events.
- Assist WDQC’s Policy Analyst in providing in-depth analyses of federal/state policies and practices on education and workforce data for diverse audiences, including non-data experts.
- Undergraduate degree and at least one year of experience working at an organization focused on public policy.
- Familiarity with major social networking outlets and working with websites (html coding experience a plus), website analytics and creating e-communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, basic graphic design, and basic photography and video editing.
- Excellent proofreading and writing skills, particularly promotional writing for non-technical audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to quickly learn about complex topics and commitment to improving federal and state policy.
- Flexibility and willingness to be part of a small but dynamic team.
Location: Washington, DC
Compensation: Competitive salary. Excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health and dental, retirement plan, life and disability insurance and generous vacation.
To Apply: Please email cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and short non-academic writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Search is open until position is filled.
♦ ♦ ♦
WDQC is a non-profit, non-partisan initiative that advocates for inclusive, aligned and market-relevant data systems used for advancing the nation's skilled workforce and helping U.S. industries succeed. It was developed in 2012 by stakeholders from across the education and workforce development spectrum, along with researchers and technical data experts from the state and federal levels. WDQC is a project of National Skills Coalition.
National Skills Coalition is a broad-based coalition working toward a vision of an America that grows its economy by investing in its people so that every worker and every industry has the skills to compete and prosper. It engages in organizing, advocacy and communications to advance state and federal policies that support these goals – policies that are based on the on-the-ground expertise of its members.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.