Workforce Data Explained: Labor Market Information Creates Job-Driven Training in Wyoming
WDQC interviewed Tony Glover, Chief Economist and Research Supervisor from the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, on how his state uses labor market information to create industry projections and inform the development of training programs. This video is the third in a series that showcases how states are using education, training and workforce data to advance their skilled workforce and improve alignment with industry demand.
Tony Glover of the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services talks to WDQC
Background information and resources:
· Workforce Data Quality Initiative Report for Wyoming: School Attendance and Employment, 2006-2013, April 2015.
· Wyoming Labor Market Information, including Occupational Employment Statistics (OES) and wage data.
· Background on Wyoming's Statewide Longitudinal Data Sytem (P20W) development.
· WDQC’s survey of Wyoming in 2014: Mastering the Blueprint.
· Case study by WDQC of Wyoming's labor market mobility research using multistate data: "Crossing Boundaries."